Friday, September 26, 2014

Rolling Stone's Top 100 Singles of 1984 - # 98

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-best-singles-of-1984-pops-greatest-year-20140917/dead-or-alive-you-spin-me-round-like-a-record-20140917

I am not a dancer; I try, but it's not happening. And it's not pretty. But I do like dance music - more than I thought I would. Something about the precision of the beats syncs with my math-loving brain, which is the problem; I get so tuned into listening, I can go into a trance and lose my feet. 

This is really good one, too, but I much prefer "Brand New Lover", which hit in late 1986, almost two years later. Which makes these guys' chart reign longer than Boy George's and Culture Club (remember, for all of the Club's hits - and there were many - they hit hard and were almost washed up in less time.) Odd, that.

No comments: