Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Quick One While I'm Here

As I was on the bus, feeling very...uncharitable towards my fellow man, I took solace, as I always do, in my beloved iPod. And to combat the feelings of misanthropy toward the cretins, um, people, I decided to give back to you, dear reader, in the following way.

You make the playlist. That's right, you title a list - themed, of course (we're literary here!) - and I'll create it from my library.

It could be - "10 Great Guitar Rave-Ups from the 1980s", "12 Songs the Beatles Couldn't Do on Their Best Day" or "15 Terrible Songs from Otherwise Great Albums".

Tell your friends. List early and list often.

Have fun!!

8 comments:

Paul Caputo said...

hey - i'll be thinking about this today and shoot something over.

Paul Caputo said...

OK - here's one -
Top 10 songs sung by a female that you would want to cover at a Karaoke session with a real band behind you.

Marc Caputo said...

That's tougher than I thought! Apparently, there's a real deficit of femininas on my 'Tunes.

Give me a day.

Paul Caputo said...

lovely femininas!!!!!!!!!!

Marc Caputo said...

Jerry: Hey how was the beach?

Kramer: Oh you missed it buddy. Lot of Femininas! Some major femininas!

Chad Nevett said...

5 David Bowie songs that Lou Reed should do covers of.

12 songs that should have been singles but weren't.

15 songs not included on that top 100 best guitar songs list from Rolling Stone that should have been.

(Speaking of which, how are you digging that magazine's new format? It's not too shabby, I think. Sadly, the content is mostly the same...)

Paul Caputo said...

if Lou's doing Bowie, and Bowie's doing Lou - Lou's still doing Lou

Marc Caputo said...

Paul: Damn! I was going to write that!

Chad: Meh. That magazine's lost enough of its identity as it is; when you're copying SPIN and Blender's format, it's time to rethink the whole deal. I'm still a fan of (like this is a surprise) the 1980s/1990s oversized magazine format.

Good lists, guys. The results will be up by Friday.