Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Marc spends over a month away from his blog, and when he returns it's for a stupid joke

There's a playlist on my iPod (which is called "Marc's iPod") called "Marc's Songs", filled with songs that don't fit into other lists. Every once in a while, I'll just think of a whole bunch of songs and load 'em on.

The other day I threw on Snow's "Informer" from 1992 and it's still a great track. But of course, it got me thinking.

The album it came from was called 12 Inches of Snow. That title works on a number of levels - a play on a weather report, a reference to the fact that vinyl albums were 12" in diameter and of course, a brag about the size of his...wedding favors?

That's cool, being that Snow's a hip-hop act and they're usually known for their sexual braggadocio. BUT, the album came out WELL into the CD era...

I guess 5 Inches of Snow wouldn't have helped his street cred.

No comments: