Thursday, January 1, 2009

Random thoughts

Happy New Year, all (both?) of you out there!

Besides the obvious and cliched resolutions, here's a few me-centric ones that I'm going to try and keep this year.
  1. Listen to more new music, as opposed to mainly reissues of 15 (or more)-year-old stuff that I should have listened to when it came out.
  2. Read more big-boy books. Yes, I love my comics, but they don't read well on the bus.
  3. Read less shitty comics. 2008 was not a good year with me and the 32-page, 4-color floppy, but I had some December revelations that bode well for my relationship with the sequential narrative.
  4. Now that my free 1-year subscription to Rolling Stone magazine has run out, I shall never read it again. I will, however, continue to explore my conflicted history (roughly half my life) with it, culminating with a piece intending to prove that the magazine actually did its level best to stunt my musical development while I was reading it.
  5. Write more about TV. It's easily my favorite medium for artistic expression and where I spend the majority of the post-dinner, post-kids-in-bed time, so why not sing it from this mountain?

No comments: